Yippie Ki Yay drink made with sweet potato, Barbados Rum, cachaca, Trinidad, overproof rum, dry curacao, marshmallow orgeat and lime at Miracle at Avanti Wolf Bar, a Christmas-themed pop up bar at Avanti Food and Beverage Nov. 21, 2018. (Andy Cross, The Denver Post)
Avanti made its list and checked it twice, and the fine people of Denver will get their gift: an extra week of the Miracle pop-up holiday bar.
The holiday explosion opened its frosty doors on Nov. 22, Denver’s second year of the insanely popular bar (last year it was on Little Raven). As if no one saw it coming, the bar is such a big hit again that Avanti has decided to extend it though Dec. 30. It was originally scheduled to close on Dec. 23.
Miracle will open at 5 p.m. daily, and will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Unlike last year, when hundreds of people waited hours to get inside, there are a limited number of reservations for parties of six to 12 by calling 720-269-4778 and following the prompts.
Here are some of the things you’ll find inside:
- A bow-tastic selfie wall (but do you really need us to tell you that there would be a selfie wall?)
- An inflatable, animatronic Santa that we estimate will last only a few hours before someone who’s had one too many Snowball Old Fashioneds sits on his lap and turns him into sad, deflated Santa
- A Christmas light-, ornament- and snowflake- strewn ceiling that really does create a magical atmosphere
- Holiday movies on the TV and music on the speakers, if you can hear them above your fellow Christmas bar revelers
- Everything else you would expect from Christmas décor: garland, stars, stockings, trees, bells, presents, snow globes and wreaths
More about Miracle at Avanti Wolf Bar from opening day here.